Vice President, Marketing & Communications
Lead marketing, communications and brand strategy for environmental non-profit organization with a $21 million budget and operations on five continents. Oversee institutional brand and messaging, collateral development, event programming, and media and online outreach to expand brand awareness, fundraising, online membership, recruitment, partnerships and policy change.
- Communications efforts supported year-over-year revenue growth of seven percent in year one and 32 percent in year two. Strong recruitment brand helped grow staff by 30 percent.
- Led institutional rebranding including new mission statement, organizational positioning, logo and visual identity. Served on team that developed organization’s first values.
- Shaped media strategies resulting in a feature story about Rare in the New York Times, CEO authored Op-Ed in the International Herald Tribune, key stories in Time Magazine and The Economist and national coverage in Indonesia, Brazil, Peru and Colombia.
- Managed cause-marketing promotions resulting in over $500K in revenue and national exposure of Rare's brand.
- Drove 38 percent increase in website traffic (65 percent new visitors) and significant increases in social media followers including Facebook (70 percent), Twitter (73 percent) and LinkedIn (111 percent).
- Write and edit speeches for CEO, board members and senior executives. Lead messaging and programming for public events and international donor trips.
- Manage $1.5 million departmental budget, sit on institutional leadership team and present strategies to board of directors.
Overhauled collateral design and inbound communications strategies. Overseeing complete rebuild of institutional website, including custom built platform connecting audiences to project sites.